World Car Awards - 2018 Timeline
July / August
- Official announcement of 2018 jurors
September 12, 2017– Frankfurt International Motor Show
- Nomination of vehicle candidates in six categories: World
Car of the Year, World Luxury Car, World Performance Car, World Urban Car,
World Green Car and the World Car Design of the Year
September 2017 - January 2018
- The Road to World Car is officially launched with the declaration of the nominated cars in all
November 26 – 30, 2016
- Jurors test-drive WCOTY, World Luxury Car, World Performance Car, World Urban Car and World Green Car contenders
Monday, January 12, 2018
- L.A. test-drives of American, Japanese, British, Korean nominated cars
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- Deadline: first vote round for World Car of the Year,
World Luxury/Performance Car, World Urban Car and World Green Car.
- Design experts submit their list of finalists
January 23 – February 13, 2018
- KPMG announces top 10 finalists in WCOTY, World
Luxury Car, World Performance Car; top five finalists in World Urban Car,
World Green and World Design.
- Second round of test-drives and voting begins.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
- Second round: jurors test-drive finalists prior to
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
- Deadline: all ballots submitted for overall winners
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
- Geneva: top three finalists announced at the Geneva show
- All World Car Award winners announced at New York International Auto Show.
©2017 World Car Awards. All rights reserved.