World Car Awards - 2017 Timeline
July / August
September 29, 2016– Paris International Motor Show
- Official announcement of 2017 jurors
- Nomination of vehicle candidates in five categories: World Car of the Year, World Luxury/Performance Car, World Urban Car, World Green Car and the World Car Design of the Year
September 2016 - January 2017
- The Road to World Car is officially launched with the declaration of the nominated cars in all 5 categories.
November 13 – 17, 2016
- Jurors test-drive WCOTY, World Luxury/Performance Car, World Urban Car and World Green Car contenders
Friday, January 13, 2017
- L.A. test-drives of American, Japanese, British, Korean nominated cars
Monday, January 23, 2017
- Cut-off date: late entry contenders in all four categories.
- Design experts commence their review of contenders; prepare list of finalists
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
- Deadline: first vote round for World Car of the Year, World Luxury/Performance Car, World Urban Car and World Green Car
- Deadline: design experts submit their finalists’ list
Wednesday, February 1 – February 15, 2017
- KPMG announces top ten finalists in WCOTY, World Luxury / Performance Car; top five finalists in World Urban Car, World Green and World Design. Second round of voting begins over a 15 day period
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- Second round of voting by jurors
Tuesday, March 7, 2017
- Deadline: all ballots submitted for overall winners
Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- Geneva: top three finalists announced at the Geneva show
- All World Car award winners announced at New York International Auto Show.
©2018 World Car Awards. All rights reserved.