WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR AWARDS
View the 2008 World Car of the Year Awards Photos.
The 2008 World Car of the Year Awards are now officially launched.
The inaugural World Car title was first handed out in 2005 to the Audi A6.
The 2006 World Car was the BMW 3-Series while the Lexus
LS460 took the honour of being the 2007 World Car of the Year.
Following is a critical path leading to the 2008 winners' press conference at the New York International Auto Show on Thursday, March 20, 2008.
· Nomination of new jurors
· List of eligible vehicles established
June 2007 - January 2008
· Jurors complete evaluation of World Car eligible vehicles
January 7 - 11, 2008
· First round of voting to determine the Top Ten World Car and World Performance Car finalists.
· January 18th: Top Ten World Car and World Performance Car finalists announced.
February 11 - 15, 2008:
· Final round of voting on finalists to determine winners for:
a. World Car of the Year
b. World Green Car
c. World Performance Car
d. World Design of the Year
· February 20th: Top Three finalists in all categories announced.
March 20 , 2008
· All World Car award winners announced at New York International Auto Show